I am sure this isn’t any surprise news for most of you. The iPad has been the last and iconic invention of Steve Jobs which went on reaching milestones one after another. Having the most envied features and performance, iPad remains to hit the peak of Tablet sales figures every quarter.
A recent market research of Comscore to analyze the exploding consumption of digital media by various connected devices like the Smart phones and Tablets have also revealed numerous facts that predicts the growth of Tablet PC’s and iPad’s dominance even over iPhone and other Smart phones and Tablets.
Some Interesting Facts-
- iPad delivers around 97.2% of all Tablet traffic in the US. Also it has overtaken the internet traffic of its small brother- the iPhone.
- Apple iOS holds the highest OS market share of 43.1% of which iPad alone contributes a much larger portion. However Android OS market share is around 34.1% of which only Android Smart phones contribute a major portion.
- Almost 91.5% of the iOS users generate web traffic using a Wi-Fi internet connection which proves the seamless Wi-Fi capability of an iPad or iPhone, while Android delivers a low Wi-Fi usage.
- Nearly 45% of the users are concerned about their selection of apps while choosing a Tablet, which once again favors Apple’s iPad as they maintain a large and high quality app environment.
- In the US, iPad and iPhone users spend twice as much time accessing the web than accessing from any other computing device.
Since its inception iPad has been dominating as one of the most popular Tablet and has been identified as the most sold new Gadget ever. Apple has succeeded not just because it creates a performing device, also because it’s cool marketing strategies and its war on patent infringements against competitors like Samsung. Though Samsung has launched some of the competitive devices like the Samsung Galaxy Tab 7 and Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1, it has failed to escape the hands of the analysts at Apple which has brutally shrunk its sales figures.
In this case, Amazon has done a fairly good job by launching the Kindle Fire which targets the lower segment users and is built on the already popular e-reader platform. However it may not be considered as a compelling choice for all those who consider buying a Tablet PC.
So what suggestion would you make for Samsung and Amazon to overcome the iPad rule in the Tablet space?