StreamGlider, Inc., a company founded in 2010 is considered to be a next generation mobile content delivery platform has launched its application for iPad. Though the company competes with applications like Flipboard, Pulse, OnSwipe, Taptu and Flud, the company feels the StreamGlider app will be a better choice for the iPad users to organize contents.
The basic function of the application is to mix feeds sources like RSS, YouTube, Google, Twitter, Facebook and Twitter in a more organized way as you wish. Depending on your wish, you can rearrange the contents based on date, type, source or whatever you think.
I am sure you might be interested to know all the features and functions of the StreamGlider app. Keep reading to get more details-
When it comes to features, the app hasn’t left a single space for commenting. The app has the capability to view your contents in different mode and here are the modes which are available to the users.
News Reader mode
In this mode, news from various sources is displayed as stream and in real time. With this mode, following things are possible.
- Scrolling speed of the stream can be adjusted.
- News from multiple sources are displayed in a more appealing manner.,/li>
- Even you can switch to conventional mode for going through the news.
- Views can be changed to show the titles either in the top or at the side.
- Notifications are made available with the help of five colors. For example, the colored triangle says that a new item is fetched. Turning off the indicators can is also possible .
- The source of the item is also displayed along with the content as an icon. You can easily identify, whether it is fetched from Facebook or YouTube or Flickr and so on.
- Sharing the contents via Facebook, Twitter or email as and when you read is also possible.
- If the other StreamGlider app user, shares something to you, it can be viewed with the help of shared streams button.
In this mode, your StreamGlider app acts as a digital photo frame. Photos from Flickr or Facebook stream as slide show as and when updated. Further to the streaming of photos, you will have the ability to stream media contents as well.
With this mode, you can make your screen appears as a typical newspaper or magazine. The magazines are made of different news from multiple sources. Just swiping the contents to the right or left, switches between the news accordingly and requires little effort. Even you can preview the news with the single tap.
As the name says, it is very easy to add or delete feeds from multiple sources. You can feeds from featured site, directory of feeds or from RSS and you can add them instantly by drag and drop. Managing the streams based on the type or source is possible and you can even reorder the streams. In addition to these features, even generating the feeds automatically to Google reader is done based on the wish.
This is for publishers who wish to offer their own brands. This app is considered to be one of the cost effective way for the publishers to deliver their content through feeds.
When your iPad is connected to a bigger screen, this app will help you by acting as a event display by showing updates from different participants, their status updates and much more.
As of now, the application is made available only to iPad owners with iOS version 4.3 and above. We might be expecting the app for other versions soon. Wanted to manage your feeds with StreamGlider app? If yes, download it from iTunes now.