Here are some of the updates made available to Google documents. We might have faced issues when Internet connection is lost and when we are in the middle of reviewing some documents. The recent update from Google to docs solves this issue.
In order to view the documents saved in Google docs, just select the document and make it offline. That is it. The document will be made available for viewing even in the absence of Internet connection. Further, the document will get updated as and when you connect to the internet or you can update them manually.
Now, let us see the ways you can make a document available in offline mode.
- Go to item preview pane and select the checkbox adjacent to the file
- Open items preview pane and select the menu option in top right corner and make it offline
- Press the file name for few seconds and make it offline
The features the users can get out of the updated version are listed below.
- Search the documents now more easily and quickly
- Editing the documents can be done
- Wide variety of documents can be viewed which includes PDF, PowerPoint, spreadsheets and much more
- Just take a photo of printed text and it can be easily converted in to Google docs
- Can upload and convert any document into any document in Google docs.
Further to the update to the Google docs, the other update available is enhancement of the viewing of files. When a user is connected to the Internet and if any file is opened from Google docs, the user will have a view of the document in high resolution never before. I am sure you will like the enhanced reading experience.
Finally, the application is compatible with Android devices with OS 2.1 and later. If you wish to experience the update, you can download the app from Android market.