Have a Google TV and desired to extend its functionality so that you are able to stream videos and pictures from your iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch directly to your GTV? Here is a tremendous app that has shortly hit the Android Market. Airtight!
Though this might be a rare combination to have idevices, iPhone and iPads, naturally you will opt for Apple’s TV, but, just in case you have a GTV along, you can use this app! Airtight will allow you to stream videos to TVs with Google TV support over AirPlay. Airtight is the app that brings Airplay for your Google TV! Actually the Airtight app fools the Apple devices to think of GTV as another idevices so you will be able to stream videos on those devices on the TV.
Airtight brings a wonderful intersection of Airplay functionality from iOS devices to your TV, a feature only available for Apple TV. Nevertheless, Airplay is proprietary software developed by Apple that Apple might not want to be ported to support another device, but for the time being the cross-platform interoperability provided by Airtight is exciting!
The app is not free and costs USD 0.99.
The app is still in beta mode and has a number of limitations-
- The app does not allow you to play DRM videos from your iPhone/iPad/iPod touch directly to your Google TV- means you cannot play the content directly bought from Apple.
- At the moment the app does not support music.
- The app does not support mirroring currently.
The app has the following limitations-
- Inorder to be able to use Android Market on GTV and download the app you will have to upgrade the OS to 3.2 Honeycomb.
- Of course the Airplay requires that all the devices are on the same network and connected through Wi-Fi to enable transfer of data.
The app is currently doing very well in the Android market and it’s for time to decide the fate of the app!